Monday 11 May 2009

Response to GB comment

GB said...

The interesting thing with Sophie Calle's work is how she brings in so many other people. Would you employ a professional graffiti artist to spray up some of your own messages?


I feel as though that would be an interesting idea but i feel with my piece it is more of a memorial style piece as it is a sortof shrine to my old self. And you don't really get people re-adding parts to shrines unless it is for the death of a person at a roadside where people would leave flowers and photographs. I think that if i was to re-visit this piece i could possibly have the public engage with my work and have it more interactive by having them spray paint possibly on the gallery space walls around it or possibly add their own bits to it but i feel that it would make it less about myself and more about the public if i was to do that. And this piece is a sortof personal celebration of the death of something that i never want to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment