Saturday 9 May 2009

My work .. how to display it?


Ok so ive done a fair bit of pieces on bits of board using different coloured paints and alternative materials and ive had a crit which was very helpful. The feedback which i got was to possibly create more pieces and to think about how to present my piece. I thaught i had done it quite well but then the guest artist who came in to help with the crit re-arranged it and it did look alot better. It seemed like more of an organised chaos. Which is exactly how i wanted it to look. I have made a few more pieces and im going to be putting them all together and having a mess around to see how they look. Ive also finally gotten my UV light and have been having a mess about with that using uv inks and such.

So here are a few pics of my work arranged differently and some of the uv pics.




The one on the left is after she re-arranged it. I think it looks alot better as it looks alot more like a piece rather than three seporate pieces.

Here is a close up of the pint glasses. Ive soaked them in cider to make the photographs blurred and also for the smell but the problem is you cant really smell it. So i think i will be using the cider in the final piece on display possibly spilt on the floor obviously not alot due to health and safety reasons.
















No comments:

Post a Comment