Saturday 9 May 2009

Tracey Emin The interview.

I think this piece really speaks well to Tracey's character. She is quite Narcissistic and this shows through her interview technique. I like how she has used the two separate films and put them together to create a schizophrenic film. This reflects the type of thoughts that i have myself in the writing i have done. 'Poor Tracey, poor poor Tracey' she says to herself, there is a slight mocking of her own self pity.

Emin Quotes 'I dont think im being pathetic i think I'm honest, you tell me any person in this whole fucking world that hasent laid there in a moment of absalute dispare and lonelyness and has laid there and drempt of their funeral and all the peoples faces looking down.'

This shows quite a defensive yet honest answer to her own attack. I have also have had this moment so i can relate to what she is saying. And i also think that many other people have also had this happen to them.

'10 years ago if you had a problem you were an outsider but now if you don't have a problem your an outsider.'This Quote by Tracey Emin from the film Inspirations from the Art World DVD.

I think that this quote is so true nowadays because people are a lot more interested in other peoples lives as people would much rather watch reality TV shows than a classic film. And the glossy celeb magazines sell a lot more than broadsheet newspapers.

Emin Quotes 'People look at my work and relate to it because they want to relate to something about life, people watch real time TV because they want to relate the the intimacy of other peoples lives'




No comments:

Post a Comment