Wednesday 11 March 2009

Ok so things have turned a bit poo again.

Yep once again life has decided to give me a giant kick in the nuts.. shame i dont have any or i would probably be bent over in pain. Where as i am actiually just in a giant sulk of which i need to get out of.
I decided to go art material shopping today and it cost me a friggin bomb! but it will all be worth it in the end. I am going to build myself a little tent in the studio so i can be in solitary confindment and so you can all leave me alone! lol also so i can gas myself with all the spray cans of paint and such.
I am going to be putting a crap load of music on my mp3 player so i can use the music as an emotion feed to how i want the work to come out. I have been looking at the artists shela sujested and they are pretty cool. I also did some crazy ass angry drawing/photo things lastnight which i shall be using as i am extremely annoyed. Which should help towards my emotional state when making my artwork.
I like blogging it kinda makes me feel ever so slightly better about things.. kinda like wining to people without any response really.. well unless someone comments on it but i doubht anyone will coz i dont think anyone could be arsed. lol
I basically think that i am going to base my work on trying to make myself happy again im probably going to fail on that front but hey, no harm in trying.
I feel bad because i dont want to bring my friends down and i hate it when people constantly wine about stuff but whatever ive had a shit time of it so why the hell not?!
And i am trying to get myself back on track.
So here's to my new chapter of life, trust no one never get disapointed.

4 comments:

  1. Hey rach, sounds cool. Many people underestimate the fun you can have in a tent. Just please don't have us carrying you to A & E due to the paint fumes.
    You might want to checkout this blogspot, as it has some thoughts about artists and isolation that you might find useful:

    http://churchofthemasses.blogspot.com/2004/11/isolation-and-community-in-artists.html

    Also, you could consider the connotations of performance art and the atmosphere spawned when you choose to segregate yourself as an individual from society. Perhaps you could use the tent as a metaphor for something greater than a material object?!...just some thoughts.... happy tenting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at early Anish Kapoor's piles of coloured pigment, Lita Albuquerque’ rocks and raw pigment, Alfonso Fratteggiani Bianchi's pigment paintings or Indian sand painting. What do you think of the yellow lines that we use to signify no parking? Could you as an artist provide your own colour signage?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If art is about the human condition, your life experiences could of course be at the centre of what it is to be human. However this needs to be tempered with an awareness of others and how they might receive your work. (Audiences and how to communicate to them) So...where is your work going to be sited and what are the important issues?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you both for your very helpful comments i shall take onboard what you have said.

    ReplyDelete