Thursday 26 March 2009

Work in progress

I have been neglecting my blog a bit lately so ive decided to upload some images of some recent work i have done for studio practice.
They are at the moment in my garage at home as it was a well ventalated area for me to work in.
I shall be bringing them up to uni soon so you will all be able to have a proper look at them soon.
Ive been using spray paints and glues and glitter and glow sticks also song lyrics from 'the pet shop boys' and 'soman' and 'And One' a german band. i also added my own little bits to it.

Ive been using really bright colours and glow in the dark paint to create fun and positive imagary along side the upset i am experiencing in my life at the moment. In my last project i felt that it was easy to try at stear away from my pain and upset but i think this work is more about embracing it and trying to let my hurt out. And in turn trying to make it look phisically quite positive. I have been influenced by mainly grafiti and the club scene of the bright colours and the work is pretty much quite quickly made. I think this works quite well visually as it even looks as if it was just something someone had to get out of their system in order to carry on with their life.

The work that im producing at the moment is work which is slightly less egnoring the fact that im going through quite an emotional period in my life. Im wanting to make people like it immediately by using attractive colours and textures and effects such as glow in the dark paint and glow sticks and i am going to be hopefully purchasing a UV light so i can display my work in a dark space with the light there so people can see the pieces in a different way, both with the glow in the dark paint and also with the coloured paint being more illuminated.

Im wanting to experiment with alternative materials and create things which are quite normal to look at seem quite surreal in their apperance by spraying them with bright colours and creating something comppletely new out of them by adding certain other materials. I shall get more photo's of the glow in the dark paintings up asap. but for now here are a few of the pieces ive been working on.
















1 comment:

  1. These images look as if the environment itself is part of them. The wellingtons peeking out from behind an image or the bike etc even the garage walls all combine to develop an atmosphere that could be used. Another issue is scale. Looking at http://www.faeriefactory.com/art.html it’s interesting to think about the whole UV black lighting issue and how it can be seen as an environmental extension. Perhaps the audiences issue could be extended into whether or not your work would be suitable for the club scene.

    ReplyDelete